Danilo Petrucci, who competed in MotoGP from 2012 through 2021, will debut in the 2022 MotoAmerica Superbike Championship aboard the latest spec factory-supported Ducati V4R.
The 31-year-old Italian, who spent five years competing for Ducati in MotoGP, has signed with the Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati NYC team for the 2022 season.
The two-time MotoGP race winner (2019 Italian GP and 2020 French GP) Petrucci will also relocate to Pennsylvania near the team’s base in Scranton, PA.
“I’m so happy that I am coming back to race with Ducati, and I would like to give a special thank you to all the Ducati people who made this project possible,” Petrucci said. “I spoke about this project with Eraldo Ferracci at Circuit of The Americas last year and all the management starting with Claudio Domenicali, Paolo Ciabatti, Gigi Dall’Igna, and Davide Tardozzi, and they were really happy to have me on board again.
“I want to continue to have fun and to keep riding my bike, so I have chosen this project to make a new experience on the human side. I will live in America, this is something new and exciting for me, so I am very curious and eager to start.
“The 2021 season was a great learning year for us,” Team Principal Bobby Shek said. “I am proud of our team and what we achieved. Our goal was building a good database of notes and we achieved that and more.
“I don’t recall another first-year Superbike team being able to achieve nine podiums. For 2022, we are coming back with a new motorcycle and another super-talented rider and ready to build on 2021. We are thrilled we have Danilo on board and look forward to the challenge and opportunity.”
The team will have four premier sponsors:
- The Warhorse Group: Parent company to Ducati New York, North America Warhorse, Horsepower Harley Davidson, Williamsport Honda Husqvarna, DucPerformance.com, Warhorse HSBK Racing, Keystone Sanitary Landfill, and Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Medallia: The pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Medallia’s Experience Cloud is a customer feedback management software platform that empowers every employee to improve the customer experience.
- Parts Unlimited: The world’s largest distributor of aftermarket accessories in the powersports industry.
- The Riders Club at New Jersey Motorsports Park: NJMP’s premier motorcycle club offers track days for members and guests alike on NJMP’s two world-class road courses, Thunderbolt and Lightning.
In 2021, the Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati New York team competed in its debut full MotoAmerica Superbike season with Frenchman Loris Baz. He piloted the Ducati Panigale V4R to nine podiums and finished fourth overall in the championship standings.
Stay tuned for more news as the Warhorse HSBK Ducati team focuses on pre-season testing aboard and stateside. The season starts in April alongside MotoGP in the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas at Circuit of the Americas, Texas.
For ongoing race season updates, follow Warhorse HSBK Racing on:
- YouTube (www.youtube.com/hsbkracing)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/HSBKRACING/)
- Instagram (@hsbkracing)